Expressing complete negation: “一 …… 也/都 + 不/没 ……”
In Chinese, the structure “一 + Measure Word / 一点儿 + 也/都 + 不/没” is used to emphasize complete negation, meaning “not even one...”, “not at all...”, or “not a single bit...”.
1. With Countable Nouns (“Not even a single...”)
Used when referring to items that can be individually counted.
一 + Measure Word + Noun + 也 / 都 + 不 / 没 + Verb
我一个苹果也不想吃。
I don't want to eat even a single apple.
昨天他一件衣服都没买。
He didn't buy a single piece of clothing yesterday.
小丽一杯茶也没喝。
Xiaoli didn't drink even a single cup of tea.
手机、电脑、地图,一个也不能少。
Phone, computer, map — we can't leave a single one behind.
2. With Uncountable Nouns (“Not at all / Not any...”)
For uncountable or abstract nouns, replace 一 + Measure Word with 一点儿 (yìdiǎnr — “a little bit”).
一点儿 + Noun + 也 / 都 + 不 / 没 + Verb
我一点儿东西也不想吃。
I don't want to eat anything at all.
这个星期我很忙,一点儿时间也没有。
I'm very busy this week; I don't have any time at all.
今天早上我一点儿咖啡都没喝。
I didn't drink any coffee at all this morning.
我一点儿钱都没带,所以不能买衣服。
I didn't bring any money at all, so I can't buy clothes.
3. With Adjectives (“Not at all [adjective]”)
When negating a state, quality, or adjective, always use 一点儿 together with 不.
一点儿 + 也 / 都 + 不 + Adjective
他一点儿也不累。
He is not tired at all.
南方一点儿都不冷。
The south is not cold at all.
那个地方一点儿也不远。
That place is not far at all.
你怎么一点儿也不着急?
Why aren't you worried/anxious at all?